Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekends are too short!!

For those of you that are still getting used to the post college real world as I am, I know you will back me up on the fact that there never seems to be enough times during the weekend but Monday-Friday will last a lifetime without fail. I try to cram so many things in on the weekend and still spend quality time with my family and Jake but it never seems like enough.

Regardless of the fact that they are never long enough this weekend was a good one. I got to go shopping at Crate and barrel for Mel's shower gift. Jake had to brave the store with me but it wasn't too bad and I got lots of ideas for my future kitchen!!! We had date night and made steaks which is always good because the guy can cook. Saturday I got a call from one of my friends to let me know that she was coming to visit and that made my life, or at least my month! I also got to spend some much needed time with my dog Benson. He lives at jakes house because there is a yard there for him to run and play in. With that said during the week I never get to see him so when we brought him to the apartment Saturday and Sunday I was so happy. We went to petsmart on Saturday and bought him a new chew toy which he has already caused some damage on and some new treats! I feel like I have to spoil him when I see him to make up for never seeing him!

Jake and I were going to go visit my parents and some of their friends, but we didn't have time to get out there so I'll have to chalk that up to time owed! Sorry Mom I love you and we'll go shopping or something!!

Not much else has happened, just business as usual. I am looking forward to having a 3 day weekend in a few days. Chez and I are driving to Corsicana for Mel's shower and it should be fabulous. I haven't spent enough time with my girls so I am beyond ready!! Besides that this week is looking like any other week, although I did get to go to lunch at my favorite Chinese food place here in Austin...Wanfu Too on Barton springs!!! It's fabulous and I still have leftovers to look forward to! On that note I'm gone leave the office and go visit my dog!

Have a great night all!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Malaysian Debster said...

Okay, here's how it goes: you need to get onto your blog Dashboard and go to Template to make any changes. When you're there, scroll down until you see this: "sidebar-title--LINKS". The 1st one you'll see is for Google News. You can keep that or change it to your friends' blogs. All you need to replace is the https address and the name (for e.g. where the Google News is). Don't mess with anything else like the spaces, columns and such. Let me know if you can't figure this out and I'll try and help you again! :) I know it's confusing and such but you'll get the hang of it. Took me months initially!

11:36 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hello my love! I'm glad you have joined the blog world. I would have loved for you and Cam and everyone else to come to dallas for a little while though I am glad I didn't plan anything because I wouldn't have had any time. I will be back in Dallas in mid-November for another weddding so maybe we can try something then... or sometime during x-mas as I will be home for 5 whole days!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home