Tuesday, October 24, 2006



Mel, Chez & Katrina!!

This weekend was perfect! It all started Friday night with a date with my dad and sister to go see Carlos Mencia...funny funny man!! I haven't laughed so hard in my life. After the show I went over to Angie and Daniels for a little live music around the campfire. It was perfect campfire weather, cold enough for a jacket but not so cold that you were frozen to the core! After that we went home and watched a couple of episodes of Lost which is always fun in my book. I woke up Saturday with a smile on my face because I got to go to the airport and pick up my long lost friend Katrina!!! She came to Texas for Mel's bridal shower and I haven't seen her since her wedding over a year ago. So Jake and I went to pick her up and then the three of us headed to Hills Cafe for some good Texas style food. After lunch we went back to the apartment, packed up and headed to pick up Chez. I had a great time, catching up with my girls on the way to the thriving metropolis that is Corsicana, Texas. The best part of our little road trip was pulling up into Mel's driveway and seeing her reaction when she saw Katrina. Mel knew that Chez and I were driving in for the shower but she had no clue that Katrina would be with us. The four of us caught up on all the details of life and then all of Mel's wedding plans. We stayed up until 3:30 talking and eating birthday cake ice cream. The next morning we all enjoyed a much needed morning off and slept in until about noon, well all but Chez. I think she was up much earlier. We went to Mel's shower and then headed back to Austin. Katrina and I hung out for a little while and then decided to get some more sleep. All day Monday was spent doing some retail therapy!! We hit up Nordstrom and then the new outlet mall. Finally our great weekend came to an end with an amazing dinner at my parents house.

I have missed having time with my girlfriends so much so for me to have a weekend full of it was great. Now if it would only be January so we could all be together again that would be great!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home