Friday, November 03, 2006

Good Times!

This week has been a pretty uneventful week but it has been a good one! I've been going out every other night to get ready for the 5K i'm doing on sunday. Jake and I go out and do about 3 miles every time so that my body can get used to the distance. since I don't run. I am planning on walking the 5K...at a very fast pace. My goal is to finish in 45 minutes which I feel is so very do-able. I am doing the race with my mom and a ton of her friends but really I probably won't stay with them long since they'll be going little slower than I would like! I guess it's the competitiveness in me.


This is the first 5K I have attempted in years so it should be fun to get into it again. I'm excited about trying to get into shape again. I hope that by the time summer rolls around or at least the Brent Barry 5K in San Antonio i'll be able to run one. It's tough to not want to when you have a boyfriend who is going to do a huge 26 mile relay race in may with his father (who could school almost anyone I know in a foot race) and four other people. The race is in corpus and is done in 6 legs where each runner has 4.4 miles that they run. They joked about me running in it and I laughed. There is no way I would be ready for that but it's whatever. I will however be down there to cheer them on and hand out water or whatever they need when they finish. It should be a fun experience, but that is a ways away.

Oh yeah Halloween was a winner. We didn't do much other than hang out with Angie and Dan but in my book that is always a great time! Riley (jake's niece) loaded up and got a ton of candy, but then again why wouldn't she, she's only the coolest kid in town! Jake was a doctor, I was a pregnant Brittany Spears and riley was a cheerleader. On our way over to angie, riley and daniels we stopped by the store to grab a bottle of wine and let me tell you the looks I got while scanning the wine isle were priceless. Some guy looked at me like he was sooo cunfused and then when I went to check out the lady at the register had to ask to make sure that the wine wasn't for me. I thought it was pretty obvioous that it was a pillow under my shirt but I guess it was a little more convincing than I thought.

Ok so lastly, I promise I will try to be somewhat respectful this year and not bring it up that much but lets just put it out there that the Mavs are of the Devil and the Spurs Kick a$$!! Last night was the perfect way to start the come back season. I can't wait to see my guys get it going. I know pre-season doesn't count on the record books but a win is a win and so far this year the Mavs have been beat twice by the Spurs! I'm not saying that the Mavs won't sneak one in on us later in the season, I'm not that naive, but I do know that I don't waiver on my team just becuase the season didn't end the way we all wanted it too. And lets not forget that the finals don't mean anything unless you get a ring on opening night and as I recall it wasn't the Mavs raising that championship banner or putting on the new "bling" (sidenote - the championship rings that the Heat got set a whole new definition for bling, good freaking night those things are huge and goddy!!!) Mark Cuban and some of his players said it best "we don't like them, they don't like us!" and I couldn't agree more. I may respect Avery Johnson, and I might think that Dirk is a great player but as a whole I can't stand the organization...mainly becuase of cuban but that is a whole different rant! I'll get off my soap box and let the season play out but i'm just glad that the boys are off to a great start. Go SPURS Go!!!

Sucks to lose at home on opening night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home