Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Strep throat sucks!!!


So I think that I have strep throat....again. All the signs are there, I'm just waiting until I go to the doctor on Thursday to have it confirmed. I hate it, it's miserable and I get it at least once a year, only this year it has decided that when I had it in June it wasn't enough and it's back for round 2! Oh well what can you do other than sleep, eat, take vitamin c, and wait on Doc Hanley to prescribe me some amoxacilyn(it's sad I know what they give me, you'd think by now that they would let me write my own prescriptions!!)

Besides being stuck with this oh so fun ailment I am pretty much just hanging out. An old friend from high school moved back to town so I am looking forward to meeting up with her and catching up. Oh yes and I had my 5K this weekend and it was great. I was up bright and early...6am! It's always fun to leave the apartment when it's still dark outside and Lori(my sister) and Jake are still sleeping, not fair!! Mom and I met up and had fun walking around before the race. We found a tent at the race that had some pretty awesome chocolate chip cookies which later turned out to be a really bad idea. Anyway I wasn't planning on running the race but I ended up running a little bit so that I could make my time and finish under 45 minutes. I met my goal and beat it by 4 minutes. I am pretty excited about it and already have 3 more 5K's that I am going to do before Christmas.

Speaking of Christmas I am counting down the days until I can decorate!! Jake is under the impression that we have to wait til thanksgiving is over before we decorate for Christmas. Well that is all fine and good but I loooooove Christmas. I don't think people really understand, and before you get all angry and soap boxy...no it's not about the presents well at least not fully. I love cold weather, I love the zilker tree and the trail of lights, I love the decorations, and I love wrapping the gifts that I have gotten for all my loved ones, I love the stocking that my grandmother quilted for me and I love the stocking that she taught me how to quilt for Jake....I especially love the fact that those two stockings get to hang next to each other! I'm such a sentimental goober and I just get a little excited. It's all good I'm holding off on the decorating until the Saturday after thanksgiving but I don't like it. I'm really only kidding about wanting to decorate now but I think it's funny to play with Jake's head and watch him squirm.

Well that's about it for me, until next time!

1 Comments:

Blogger Malaysian Debster said...

Hey girl! Hope you're getting to feeling better. Being sick stinks. :(

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home