Wednesday, November 29, 2006

What's new??

Other than the fact that it has been 80 degrees for the past week, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. I have the luxury of working downtown on Congress so I get to see all the great lights and decorations not to mention the huge tree that they put up just today in front of the Capital (poor Jake, you know I'm going make you take pictures in front of it). The weather says that the high tomorrow is going to be 41!!!! Thanks goodness for cold weather. I just got off the phone with the lil sis and she said it might snow tomorrow in Lubbock...talk about random Texas weather.

Thanksgiving re-cap:
Thanksgiving was great, other than the fact I only got the day of off from work. I woke up bright and early on Thursday morning to run what I thought was a 5K. I soon realized that it was a 5 mile race (huge difference when you're only used to 3.2 miles) . No worries I finished it 10 minutes faster than I wanted to so that was fabulous...1 hour 5 minutes and 32 seconds! Keep in mind I am not a runner and I mainly walk the whole thing, but that is still pretty fast. After the race mom, dad, Beth and I got in the car and headed to the ranch to eat with the fam. It was great to see all of my cousins and it was the first time that we had all been together in about 3 years so lots of pictures were taken. It was fun but it took forever. The food was amazing and the company was perfect. I love the holidays because I love my family. The 4 of us headed back to Austin that same night because somebody (me) had to be at work at 7am the next day. I'm not even going to touch the subject of the day after thanksgiving because we all know what happened and I am still trying to get over it. Freakin aggies...I HATE THEM!! Anyway I thought with Thanksgiving over everything would calm down and we would coast through the holidays, but Jake so lovingly reminded me that we have about 100 things to do and figure out between now and February. We have our semi anniversary coming up on the 14th!!! Then we have to figure out how to do the whole two families Christmas thing as well as having our own Christmas for just the two of us. After Christmas is new years and a friend of his birthday so we might be combining the two into a camping trip. No rest for the weary because after about a week and a half rest we head to Dallas one night for a concert and then 3 days later we drive to Colorado. I'm looking forward to all the fun and my lord I can't wait to see all of my friends, but the next few months are going to be chaotic.

That's all I've got for now but that's enough for me! Love you all, deuces!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home