Monday, July 09, 2007

Good but long weekend!

Lately thing have been great! I don't know if it's because it's summer and things are slow at work or just because but so far this summer has been fabulous. This past weekend was a good chance to recharge and get ready for all of the upcoming events and festivities. Friday nothing happened but i love it, i think we watched a harry potter movie cause I am a nerd and wanted to watch all of the previous movies again before I go to see the new one. Saturday I tried to sleep late but the dogs must have sensed that it was my day to sleep in so they started rustling and pawing me at 7am so i took them out. After that I just stayed up. I pretty much cleaned the house and hung out all day. We were going to go hang out with our friend Jeff and a couple of others on Saturday night but that fell through so we had another movie night! I love movie nights and just sitting on the couch doing nothing. With my schedule at work never being consistent and not much time during the week to relax i relish the chance to do absolutely nothing on the weekends.

Sunday night we went to a going away party for our friend Brett. It was a good time and great food but we stayed out until midnight and I had to be up at 6am this morning so needless to say I am dragging this morning. What I want to know is when did i become such a grandma...seriously i used to work until midnight or 1 every night in college and wake up for 8am classes no problem, but now if i don't get 8 hours I drag butt all day. Oh well, there is not much solid sleep in my immediate future seeing as how Daniel (jake's brother) has a show tonight at 10, but it will be worth it cause his new band is really good and entertaining.


Things i'm looking forward to lately:
-Harry Potter, the new movie and the new book!! I know i'm a nerd
-Las Vegas, all expenses paid 4 days at the Wynn for work (it would be better if jake was there but i'll take what i can get)
-1 full week off from work!!!!!!!!!
-Natalie coming to Austin
-Crawfish Boil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home